17 August 2014

The Velveteen Eyeliner - Urban Decay

The first thing that drew me to Urban Decay from the get go was their eye products. Their eye shadows are the best in the business but the clincher for me was their 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Perversion. It was the blackest eyeliner I'd ever come across and I could not believe how long it stayed in place for and, since black eyeliner is number one in my makeup essentials, the brand won me over big time. When I came by this gorgeous collection of eyeliner-come-eye shadows with the loveliest velvet texture I couldn't wait to give them a try and 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencils did not disappoint. Like most of Urban Decay's products, they really make putting on makeup fun and creative.

The 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencils come in a selection of colours to suit every shade and I've actually been using a couple of them at once. The pencils are really soft so the texture allows you to use them as an eye shadow while the shape and the nature of the pencil itself gives you the control to lines your eyes with them too so it looks like you're using a lot more makeup tools than just one pencil.


The biggest buying point with this set of eye pencils is the texture. As you can see in the photos of the pencils on my eyes they produce a very definite velvety look which makes application so smooth and enjoyable. Texture has become a huge element in makeup this year with a lot of textured nail polishes on the market too.

From top to bottom: Black Velvet, Lush, Minx, Plushie,Cult




I've always loved experimenting with colourful shadows - Urban Decay's Electric Palette has been on the top of my beauty wish list since it came out early this year - and I loved the choice of colour with these liners. Everyone should experiment with shades that enhance their eye colour and really make them pop for a very striking look. For this post I used Plushie (the purple of the collection) and Cult (the green) as I have a few different colours in my eyes and those two shades often emphasize the green and browny/yellow parts.


I applied the purple pencil quite loosely and blended it across the lid and into the socket and blended it softly below the eye too. Then I applied the green a lot more definitely to line my eyes and then made a more definite, fairly thick, velvety line across my lash line for a stronger effect with the green. Et voila! The pencils are so soft and gentle on your delicate eye area so there's no dragging involved. Just a smooth, eyeshadow like application.

I love the whole selection of colours in this range; the black is so brilliant to create a smoky look and the guys at the Urban Decay counters are great for helping you pick a shade that will enhance your eye colour to its best advantage.

Overall my two favourite elements of 24/7 Velvet Glide-On Eye Liners are the velvet texture and look and the fact that they are basically doubling as a smooth, silky eye shadow too so they work as a two in one!

Urban Decay Velvet Glide-On Eye Pencils are €20 and are available from Urban Decay counters at Debenhams and House of Fraser.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I went for a bit of an extreme look just to show what the pencils were capable of but now I was to use those two together the whole time now! Just looked at your blog, it's gorgeous!x

      Delete