19 March 2014

Kiehl's Ultra Fabulous Skincare

The most impressive element of the Kiehl’s brand is their variety of extremely effective serums, many of which I will write more about over time. But something that should not be overlooked is their most basic, no frills skincare range to date called Ultra Facial. The line has expanded over time but the highlights for me so far are their Ultra Facial Cleanser, Ultra Facial Toner and Ultra Facial Cream.
 

Kiehl’s, for me, is a revelation in skincare. The apothecary-style luxury brand is the first skincare range that has well and truly wowed me almost completely across the board. I was reeled in at the start with a mere sample of their Midnight Recovery Concentrate - which really is a remarkable product - and, to my skeptical surprise, it did exactly what it promised.

When you purchase a product in the three Kiehl's stores in Dublin; their Irish flagship on Wicklow Street, or their store in Dundrum or in Artnotts, some of the staff are extremely generous with samples.This a practice which the New York brand have used to actively prove time and time again how great their products are instead of spending the money on any advertising at all. Which is a bold move for a company that can back that kind of confidence. It's also very customer-friendly on their part, which I have no doubt pays off. With Kiehl’s, which was established in New York in 1851, you can almost be assured that, whatever your skin concern, there will be a hugely effective product to address it.

While many of their various wonder products promise quite lofty miracles, the real joy of the Ultra Facial line is both its simplicity and effectiveness. I have always struggled to find a good cleanser and toner that I felt really worked for me; that just cleaned my skin thoroughly and left it clear, so I was quite apprehensive even purchasing these. But, after the first couple of uses, all reservations were left at the door.

My skin has never felt more consistently clear and clean in my life. I was never great with a skincare routine and I have tried so many different brands, from those sold in the cosmetic isle in the supermarket to the skincare department of Brown Thomas, but nothing I have used has ever made me want to re-buy consistently. With the Ultra Facial Cream, Cleanser and Toner I’m already on my second round and I would be surprised if I moved away from the routine any time soon. The products also last for months at a time. The cleanser is one which you lather in and wash off. One of the most reassuring elements about it is that, as it promises on the bottle, it in no ways dries out your skin, and the toner, which many people overlook, is the perfect compliment and an essential step between cleansing and adding your serums or moisturisers.The Ultra Facial line also has an oil free version of each product for skin types where that is an issue.

But the real prize in the Ultra Facial line, for me, is the Ultra Facial Cream, which I now carry in my bag at all times. Hydration is so important for anyone’s skin, whatever type it is, and the basic elements to keep your skin happy, as far as I can tell after much experimenting, is drinking plenty of water and using a very hydrating moisturiser. The blurb on the back boasts two key ingredients of the cream that protect skin in the harshest weather conditions: Antarcticine, which is extracted from microorganisms sourced from sea glaciers, and Imperata Cylindrica, a plant which is indigenous to the Australian desert which possesses super water retention properties for dry conditions. In simple terms, this product is designed to protect and hydrate even in extreme heat and extreme cold.

I have just this week picked up the Ultra Facial Moisturiser SPF 15 which I am already impressed by and, with Kiehl’s, you can generally be confident that if one product from any of their particular ranges works for you, the whole line will end up in your routine. Hence the basis of it's appeal to its very wide fan base across the world.

Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleaner and Toner range in price from the decent travel size which cost €10 to roughly €20. Ultra Facial Cream starts off at €28.50 and the Ultra Facial Moisturiser starts from €20.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment